Saturday, April 21, 2018

Use Your Head!


This blog is addressed to "whom it may concern" since I promised my wife I wouldn't name any names. Two or three people took umbrage to my last blog, so I thought I'd clear a few things up for them while teaching a little logical thinking in the process. 

No. 1: Spelling. You see when a logical, intelligent person reads a word they've never seen before, or never seen spelled that way, they don't immediately criticize the writer. No, guys, they look the word up. But since that seems a little hard for some, I'll help ya out. This blog isn't the Shoals Tattler, it's the Shoals Tatler. Two different things entirely. A tattler presumably tells on people. A tatler observes and reports. Now that's not too difficult to understand, is it?

No. 2: Gender. Considering I mentioned pretty early on that I had a wife and children, I was pretty shocked to find out that I was a woman. That's not nearly as shocked as my wife was. I haven't had the heart to break it to my kids. No, if you want to criticize someone, be sure you know a little about them or you make all your points look shaky. 

No. 3: Colbert County Sheriff Frank Williamson. You don't like Williamson. I get it. You criticized him for not reporting new sex offenders in a timely manner. Okay, let's say that your criticism is justified and not just some petty revenge on your part. Then what did you say? 

You criticized Williamson for not reporting to the state in a timely manner that two sex offenders had moved out of the county. Actually, all you know is that he (or the person responsible in his office) didn't remove them from the online site. If Williamson is responsible for immediately notifying the state of incoming sex offenders, why isn't the sheriff of the county where these two moved (and registered) responsible for notifying the state of the same thing? See, you can't have it both ways. 

Hope that cleared some things up for you two or three.


Shoals Tatler

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness, cuz, I thought you had a sex change. Srsly, people like Bowman never learn. You're wasting your time. But I did like your point about Frank Williamson. Something personal there all right.

    ReplyDelete