Monday, December 16, 2019

Quad-Cities Daily is Great, but...





Last year I reviewed two of the three local news sites: the Shoals Insider and Pen-N-Sword. Someone recently asked why no review of the Quad-Cities Daily. Sheer laziness!

I love the QCD. I love the Event Photos and I love the jail reports (don't we all just love to see who's in the lockup?).

I highly recommend the QCD, but...

About those page hit numbers? Jail rosters, birth records, animals needing homes? All those categories require two clicks before you get to the page you want. So, guess what?

The QCD says it has 18 million page hits racked up. But if you consider at least three categories take two clicks, and if we say those three categories make up at least 1/3 of the content, that would lower the number to 15 million. It's quite possibly even lower. 

Dishonest or just good business? No, matter. The QCD is one of two must reads in local news and I highly recommend it!


The Shoals Tatler

No comments:

Post a Comment